9th Japanese-German University Presidents’ Conference of HeKKSaGOn
The six member universities of HeKKSaGOn – The German-Japanese University Alliance convened for the 9th Japanese-German University Presidents’ Conference on
“What Opportunities and Challenges does Artificial Intelligence offer to the Higher Education Sector?” at Göttingen University on September 21st and 22nd, 2023.
the meeting could be held again in person after the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Focus of the meeting was primarily on the use of AI in science and research, as well as on further close collaboration.
Regarding the further development of HeKKSaGOn the Presidents of the six HeKKSaGOn member universities agreed on a Joint Statement.
Some points include:
- The Presidents acknowledge the significance of Artificial Intelligence in research, teaching, and the future development of universities.
- Support for Early Career Researchers across the network.
- Joint transfer activities like entrepreneurship and technology transfer projects.
- Regular dialogue between universities and society and involving the public in research projects within HeKKSaGOn.
- Dedication to addressing climate change is reaffirmed, encouraging research for sustainable development.
- The Alliance commits to continued collaborative research and promotes exchange, research, and intercultural understanding.